Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Nursing story

At the hospital, following a quick x-ray, Lucky was rushed into surgery. When she awoke it was morning and Alec and Susan were sitting on chairs by the window, sound asleep. She drifted back to sleep and later a nurse woke her up to give her medication for the pain. Lucky said she didn't need it, but the nurse insisted and injected Lucky with a shot of morphine." (p.150)

Several years ago when I was hospitalised for a minor surgery, I used to get annoyed by my nurse who insisted on waking me up for my pills.

"Why can't you give them to me when I am awake?" I asked.

"Madam," she told me in all earnestness, " I can't fool around with the dose. Doctor says you must take your sleeping tablet!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online

blogarama.com