Sunday, January 24, 2010

Can you feel the love?


"I love you , Lucky,' Amay said. 'Please remember that ' (p.203)


One of the most beautiful love songs I've heard is Elton John's "Can you feel the love tonight" from my all time favourite "The Lion King".

Love, that very complex of all emotions is extremely hard to define. How often do we bandy that word around, sometimes almost reflexively without real feeling?

I can never forget the time my young son came up to me and gave me a big hug, suddenly and out of the blue. I asked him what brought that on and he replied, "Nothing mama, I just love you."

"Really?How much?" I asked him impishly, the accountant in me somehow getting out.

Without batting an eyelid he replied " I love you 5."

"Only 5 ?" I asked him.

"But that's my whole hand," he said as he showed me his outstretched palm.







1 comment:

  1. Love this post!!

    Bapsy, I still have not received my copy of the book. Any idea what happened?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online

blogarama.com